Friday, March 24, 2006

It's Too Quiet!

On Wednesday we drove to Lusaka to take the visiting doctors, Meg and Christy, to the airport. They flew to South Luangua Game Park for a well-deserved rest after spending three weeks with us. Then they'll spend a couple of days in Cape Town before flying back to Vanderbilt in Nashville.

We came home to a house that seems too quiet. Meg and Christy blessed us with their visit, and we miss their laughter, their stories about their work, and our shared discussions about Zambia and its people. We hope that they will be back some day and bring others with them!

Today (Friday) we are off to Lusaka with the students who are taping a CD. I guess I should say CDs, because the project has grown. We are now planning to have one CD of the high school and college choirs and a separate one of the Timothy Brothers singing group. We will tape all day on Saturday, spend Saturday night in Lusaka, and return on Sunday afternoon. Please keep us in your prayers this weekend.

I've already begun receiving requests for copies of the CD when it comes out. What a joy it will be to share the songs of Namwianga with friends, family, and supporters in the US!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Y'all! Please add my name to your list of requests for the CD! I have a cd called "Zambian Acappella" that I LOVE. The Zambian voices are beautiful and I'm sure the Namwiangan songs will be delightful to hear.

I love reading your blog. Keep up the awesome work.

BIG HUG and MUCH LOVE IN CHRIST,

Dana