Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Bible School Outreach




The Saturday afternoon outreach to Sandy Hill Farm turned out great! Five college students had signed up to go with me, but eight were ready and waiting when I pulled up in front of the dorm. We filled the cab and crammed the rest into the back and took off.

Rodgers had suggested that I teach a ladies' class while the students did the Bible school, but we decided to just do the children's class and let the ladies come watch with their children. That worked out well, as we had 10 women and 50 children who came. It was hard to decide who showed more interest--the moms or the kids.

I hadn't been to Sandy Hill for several months, but some of the kids obviously remembered me. Five-year-old Lillian came running when she saw me and climbed up in my lap.

The college students did a fantastic job of teaching. I was amazed at how well they related to the children. The three guys who were with us didn't hesitate a bit to pick up the crying babies and settle them down. (These babies don't wear diapers, so there's some risk involved!) The college girls also jumped in and taught with enthusiasm.

As we packed up to leave, Jodrin (bottom photo on the right) said, "Madam, when we do these classes, we must always invite the parents so they will learn how to teach their children." Sounds like a great idea to me!

No comments: