Saturday, December 08, 2007

Power

On Thursday afternoon we finally got electricity again after three days of no power. I have decided that the whirring of an electric fan is definitely one of my favorite kinds of music.

As I mentioned in the last update, our frozen food thawed and had to be eaten. For lunch on Thursday I cooked four pounds of ground beef on the propane burner while David grilled a pork loin and a chicken. A Zambian worker made a huge pot of nshima, and we had lunch in our outdoor kitchen with eight other friends and workers.

We finally got the new AfriConnect internet system up and running on November 30. It lasted one week and went down again yesterday. Our faithful Coppernet system is painfully slow and won't allow me to post photos on the blog, but at least it is dependable and keeps us in touch with the world.

1 comment:

just me said...

Dear Sister Friend, I know where you r coming from!!!! Ice Storm 2007 as the news calls it hit here late Sunday and today is the first day with electricity. Cowboy hasn't been home from work since Monday morning [keeping all the phone lines up and running]. This coming Friday it is suppose to snow anywhere from 4 to 14 inches!!!! As long as my lights stay on I can handle snow, just not ice. Hugs and Love cj