Wednesday, September 28, 2005

News and Notes - September 28

I'm sorry that I ever bragged on our nice weather here. It's over now. The days are hot, still, and dry. It does cool off at night, however. We enjoy sitting out on our veranda to catch whatever breezes we can.

Yesterday we had no power and no water from noon until 10:00 p.m. During that time we had at least twenty people in and out of the house, overnight guests who arrived in the dark, and a baptism in our backyard cistern. I'll write more details later.

I'm hearing from friends and family in Austin about your gas shortage. We've been out of diesel at the stations for over two weeks. We're getting our last reserves from the barrel now. When that's gone, life will get really complicated!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

David, I had no idea you were no longer in Austin! I found you blog very much by accident! I am glad you are working for the Lord and are happy. Nick and I are back at Pleasant Valley in Little Rock. Guess what? I am a Grandmother of a beautiful 14 month old girl! Rachel and Matt blessed us last July with Madeleine Grace WIlson. We are so blessed they live right here and we see them often. Sharon is living here too and working on her Masters of Second Languages. She will teach ESl...she loves languages, speaks French fluently. She spent her first 6 months after college working with the church in Paris! What a wonderful life God has blessed you and I with , working for Him! Ypu are now in our prayers for your safety and your work! Kathy Hamilton (Meeks)