Friday, April 07, 2006

Siabalumbi Outreach


Last Saturday Ruhtt Mbomwae and I took this group of college guys with us to do an outreach at Siabalumbi. I've seen many beautiful places in Zambia, but none more beautiful than Siabalumbi. The school and church are set on a ridge overlooking a lush green valley that resembles a scene from a National Geographic documentary. (Even after nine months here, I still have to pinch myself sometimes to believe that I'm actually in AFRICA seeing places like this!)

The church and school building are brand new and were built with donated funds and community labor. Ruhtt is the administrator for this school as well as five other community schools in the area around Namwianga.

As usual when I go out with Ruhtt, the day was packed with activities. I did teacher training and then taught two ladies' classes back to back. The college guys taught adult and youth classes. Later in the day they organized some games and activities for the young people. After the final sermon, we trekked a mile down into the valley to the river for four baptisms. Ruhtt closed the day by distributing clothing to the community. I estimated the attendance at around 500.

No comments: