Friday, May 30, 2008

Surgery Scheduled

I met with the surgeon yesterday and have out-patient surgery scheduled for Tuesday, June 3.  

I've had a new thought about the next few months.  Zambians, especially Tonga speakers, tend to reverse Rs and Ls.  They say they are "leady to go" and tell us to "turn light at the next corner" and announce "let us play."  So it's likely that many of them will say that I have BLEST cancer instead of breast cancer.  That sounds good to me!  I've decided that I'll have BLEST cancer.

So far that has been very accurate.  We are overwhelmed with expressions of concern and encouragement.  We met with Ellie Hamby in Abilene and have figured out how to get our responsibilities at Namwianga covered for the next three months, thanks to the many people who stepped up and volunteered to help.  

God is good--all the time.

1 comment:

April said...

I am praying for you! I am so sorry I had to miss last night. It would have been great to see you. May God continue to bless you! Eight years into our friendship, you still continue to amaze me. You will always be a model in my life of what it is to be a strong, faithful Christian woman. Love you!