Friday, February 15, 2008

Shopping Spree


Recently I got to go shopping for The Haven. Marge Kagels, a loyal medical mission volunteer, had given me some money to spend on the babies. After consulting with Kathi Merritt about what was most needed, I headed for the shopping center in Lusaka and had a most enjoyable shopping spree.

Pictured above are the purchases. The five bouncer seats are for the infants to sit in. Any movement by the baby makes the seat move a little, so that encourages activity. Plus, the baby can sit up and see what's going on in the world. I also bought nine receiving blankets, 36 infant size cloth diapers, 24 larger size cloth diapers, plus three pairs of toddler sandals just for fun. Later I bought 40 sets of diaper pins to finish off the purchase.

The day I delivered all this to the orphanage was like Christmas. Cecilia, the housemother, was dancing around, the aunties (caregivers) were clapping, and everyone was grabbing babies to put them in the bouncer seats! Thanks, Marge, for making life brighter in our corner of the world.

No comments: