Thursday, June 02, 2005

Hard Times

Our date to depart for Africa is June 20. David completed his official duties as education minister on Tuesday, and I finished my job as a teacher at Brentwood Christian School last Friday. After twenty years of serving as the elementary department Bible school supervisor, I've turned that volunteer job over to someone else. Now we're in between our past roles and our future work, and we are finding that a hard place to be. It's hard to let go of ministries into which we have poured our lives for so long. It's hard to wait for the beginning of our new work.

I have claimed the words of Paul to help me through these times in between: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal (Philippians 3:13). Pray for us as we "press on" during these next few days.
Linda

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will.

-Trey