Thursday, May 21, 2009

Update - May 21, 2009

We have been on the road for the past two weeks. During our week in Searcy we helped David’s mother work in her yard, getting it ready for her daylily tour in June. Mrs. Gregersen is a master gardener, and it is a joy to watch her in action. She knows the name of every one of the over 100 varieties of daylilies in her gardens and can describe the color and size of each one long before the blooms come out.

From Arkansas we headed north to Missouri for a visit with my side of the family. My two sisters, my brother, and several of the nieces and nephews and their children were together on Saturday and Sunday. Those of you who know me well know that I love a good pun. Apparently this is a genetic trait, because we all enjoyed a wonderful (or terrible, depending on how you look at it) sibling pun-off on Sunday night.

Another family characteristic is our involvement in missions. My brother works in both El Salvador and Honduras, traveling to Central America two or three times a year to help with schools, medical missions, and evangelistic efforts. Nieces and nephews are also involved in trips to El Salvador and Nicaragua, and two nephews have spent time drilling water wells in Africa. Our conversations are quite interesting as we compare notes on our experiences.

We’re now in Oklahoma for a few days. Our daughter Sara is moving back to Austin next week, so we spent a day in Tulsa helping her pack and get ready. Now we’re off to visit friends in Weatherford and Shattuck before ending up back in Salado, Texas, on Sunday.

2 comments:

klh said...

Linda,

I am mailing a Bible DVD to: DAFF, box 44,Chinsali.
I cannot find the email to get a name. I have mailed them a farming dvd. Hope someone can follow up on him.

Please email me the addresses of you family working in Honduras, etc. I speak Spanish [Guatemala] and have Spanish DVDs.

Ken Hargesheimer

David and Linda Gregersen said...

Ken,

My brother Ralph McClurg's e-mail is rmcclurg@mo-net.com.

Do you have any other information on the Chinsali contact? A full name? Is Chinsali in Zambia? I'm not familiar with that location, but we might be able to find someone who knows the area.