Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Just for Pun

I love puns. Someone at our home congregation knows that and has sent us some pun surprises through the years. Brentwood friends collect and send us seasoning packets since we can't get that kind of thing over here. The anonymous punster prints out a pun-ny joke, folds it up, and tapes it to a seasoning packet. Then when I'm cooking and find one of these, I get a good laugh and a smile knowing that someone back in Austin is sharing my love of puns.

Here's a sample from the latest packet I used: A hungry lion was roaming through the jungle looking for something to eat. He came across two men. One was sitting under a tree and reading a book; the other was typing away on his typewriter. The lion quickly pounced on the man reading the book and devoured him. Even the king of the jungle knows that readers digest and writers cramp.

Groan. Whoever you are--thanks for the laughs!

No comments: