Sunday, July 13, 2008

Update - July 12

We're in Abilene this weekend and just attended the Saturday afternoon wedding of Nathan Driskell and Jesiree Guerrero.  Nathan grew up with our kids at Brentwood Oaks, and we were so pleased to be at this celebration.  Nathan's mother, Tammy, gave me a hug at the reception and said, "I'm sorry for the reason that you have had to stay in the US longer, but I'm so glad that you were able to come to the wedding."  

I agree.  We have had many other unexpected and blessed experiences during our extended stay.  We have been able to spend relaxed times with John and Leah--having them over for meals, sitting by them in church, and just being with them.  And Sara is coming to spend the next week with us, so we'll have additional time with her.  I've also gotten to spend time with old friends, visit shut-ins, and be part of an intensive small-group Bible study.  I thought I would be miserable without a job or a major project running my life, but I'm finding that I can stay quite busy and happy just being.  I guess it's all part of having this blest cancer.

My radiation treatments are going fine--8 down and 25 to go.  I still have no side effects.  In fact, I'm walking four miles a day and feeling great--no fatigue yet!  God is good all the time.  

Thanks for your prayers.  

No comments: