Thursday, September 04, 2008

We're Back!

We are back at Namwianga again!  The journey was easier than many of our past trips, especially since we had an overnight stop in Johannesburg, South Africa, and were able to get some rest.  Today we made the last flight into Livingstone with the new Harding In Zambia group.  We have enjoyed getting to know them and are looking forward to their stay here at Namwianga. 

The welcome from our friends and co-workers has been overwhelming!  Beatrice, my neighbor, picked me up off the ground and swung me around a few times in her greeting.  Others have been less physical but just as warm in their welcoming.  It's great to be back!

Now I'm off to sleep in my own bed for the first time in five months.  Chicken updates will follow soon . . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so glad you made it back safely! I just wish myself and some of the old HIZ group could have helped to welcome you back. :)

Love,

Kerri Coffey

David and Linda Gregersen said...

Kerri,
We wish all of you were back, too! You guys set the bar really high, but this group seems to also be great. I told them today that Africa is like poison ivy on the brain, and the only way to scratch it is to come back! Hope you'll be able to do that some day!
Love,
Linda